Here are the latest updates from MITI regarding ECONOMIC ACTIVITY OPERATIONS:
- Companies may operate if categorized as Essential Services
- Manufacturing companies in manufacturing and essential services that have not registered with CIMS can do so at the link https://notification.miti.gov.my from 3.00 pm, 12 January 2021. Those who have registered do not need to re-register, only download the notification of registration confirmation.
- Only 30 percent of employees in the management group are allowed to be in the office. Number of support staff directly involved in the production line will be determined by their respective employers adhering strict SOPs.
- For work that does not require physical attendance, the Work From Home (WFH) directive will apply.
- MITI has provided a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) to assist businesses in obtaining detailed and accurate information on SOPs set by the Government during the MCO period.
For more information, check out the unofficial translation of MITI’s press release and FAQs.