Day 2 - Scaling Up a Hydrogen Economy
We thank all our esteemed VIPs and participants who attended our EU Indo Pacific Energy Conference which was organised by the European Union in Malaysia together with EUROCHAM Malaysia.
The EU adopted a hydrogen strategy (July 2020), putting forward a vision for the creation of a European hydrogen ecosystem from research and innovation to scale up production and infrastructure globally. The EU has launched the EU Energy Platform to pool demand, coordinate infrastructure use and negotiate with international partners to facilitate joint hydrogen purchases. Hydrogen is an essential part of the energy transition as it offers a solution to decarbonize industrial processes and economic sectors where reducing carbon emissions is hard to achieve. Currently, hydrogen production from renewable sources is limited, but this is set to change with the global focus on its potential and the green energy transition.
Our event was graced by our esteemed VIPs that includes:
- Yang Berhormat Nik Nazmi bin Nik Ahmad, Minister of Natural Resources, Environment & Climate Change, Malaysia;
- Mr Jozef Síkela, Minister of Industry and Trade, Czech Republic;
- Mr Gunnar Wiegand, Managing Director for Asia and the Pacific at the European External Action Service (EEAS);
- Mr Matthew Baldwin, Deputy Director General of the Directorate General for Energy (DG ENER);
- H.E. Tibor Stelbaczky, Ambassador at Large for Energy Diplomacy of the European External Action Service (EEAS); and
- H.E Michalis Rokas, Ambassador & Head of EU Delegation.
The conference will bring together the main government and industry stakeholders from the Indo-Pacific region, to discuss the vision and sources of hydrogen, national and regional strategies as well as projected national consumption and export capacities. A discussion will be held around the consideration of market rules and certification and explore future opportunities.
#EUIndoPacific #Pacific #EnergyConference #EU #EuropeanUnion #energy #sustainable #EUMYstrongertogether #eurochammy